Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Archifest Tour

Attended a day tour organised by some architectural students in-conjunction with the Archifest/Singapore Design Week thingy. This tour is supposed to show us those unique post-war buildings in our sunny little island state. We had a boring tour guide/student who tried to slang in any way he thinks is possible.. Maybe that is why he kept repeating himself, maybe he find himself sounding sexy with his half-fucked English. Anyway, thanks to *** and *** (names are censored to protect the persons involved) for the free tour (worth $40 in the market, worth $10 to me). haha..

First stop was the Singapore Conference Hall, and i decided that place was not picture-worthy to even take out my camera to snap.. However, place brought back some fond memories. I had my first performance/competition of my primary school military band there.

Second stop is the Golden Mile complex. Above pic is taken inside the commercial side of the complex, which most of us will not have the chance of seeing the building in this perspective.


View of the residential block


Hmmmm, The ventilation hole is pretty elaborate eh?


Another view from the residential block. Quite unique in design for a post-war building





Next is Tiong Bahru area. Great area to have a house!!!


3rd stop is the PearlBank condo. Super anti-climax cos the security does not allow us to enter the building, cos it's a bloody private condo. So, well, this is the best shot i could get. I think the interior facet of the condo should look more impressive.


Last stop was People's park. Who could have forgotten this place? Many childhood memories. Mum used to bring me there when i am young. She and her entourage of my other aunties would chiong for the cosmetics and toiletries, cloths, and dunno what else... I would have to tag along and waited patiently for hours.. Cos i know my reward will come at the last stop, which is that she will bring me to the toys section of the old OG where every single toy they have would be opened up and displayed in huge glass showcase. Yah she will buy me something as a reward for being nice and quiet and patient. :)


I wonder how many illegal workers are housed inside this unit. heh..

No comments: