Monday, October 1, 2007

done my part, for now........

Guess it's back to the normal mundane life of work again.. Come to think of it, i really preferred this to the one i had 2 weeks ago... That life was utterly back-breaking.. I admit, i am getting old!! i dun remembered it was this tough digging trenches 2 years ago, but this time(last week), it was bad(understatement)...

Sometimes, due to the circumstances and environments, the sort of feelings and emotions felt will differ. Well, for example, i was lying on the mud, trying to catch a wink. In front on me was a sky full of stars.. I was feeling crappy of course, because i have to share the mud with hundreds of marauding ants, and mossies from hell. Then i was thinking to myself, if i were in some serene island, looking up at the same sky and stars as i am looking at now lying on the mud, would i feel crappy? Then i imagine, if some girl who is nice and pretty was beside me on the island looking at the stars with me, what would i say? I'll prolly said to her, "awww it's so romantic, look at all the beautiful stars, each one representing my most sincere, heartfelt love/care/concern for u. Can i F*&K U?". Hahahaha... after having this thought, i turned my face, and reality came back. Beside me were snoring old reservist soldiers, well one of them was still awake and out came this from my mouth "KNNBCCB, why are we doin this?" The rest of the night was spent swiping mossies away from my face and jumping up and down in the middle of the night cos some smart-assed ants decided to explore my body thinking it's food. I am not FOOD!!!!

Oh did i mentioned the weather is against me also.. Rain and shine was the norm. still remembered there was this heavy rain on the second morning. We were all taking shelter in the truck. Early downpour = minus 20% from morale... Sleeping on mud with ants and mossies the night earlier = minus 30% from morale.. Goin back to the trenches after the rain, seeing that the rainwater had flooded one of the trench to the neck level = minus 40% from morale. Seeing my full-pack(clean clothing and everything i need) floating on the trench, getting totally soaked by the water = priceless expression on my face followed by expletives comin out of my mouth.

Oh and did i mentioned i am stuck with a motley crew of ppl? There;s this fat chinese guy, who gets hyper tension easily. He had heat cramps right on the first 2 hours of digging. Poor guy. This funny guy, he just cant stand still, even for a short while. When there;s nothing to do, he will start to flap his arms(trying to circulate air flow) like a chicken. It was funny!!! haha.. saw him on 1 occasion, he was just sitting on the ground, and then took a tree branch, and start poking on the ground non-stop. In the end, he created a big hole, just because he cant keep still. heh... There;s this malay guy. His one of the most humorous guys around, but cos his fasting, turned himself into the most grouchy old hag i've ever seen. My trusted right-hand man, due to a slipped disc, was almost rendered useless in the digging. There are just too many things to write about the quirks of these ppl, imagine spending 24 hours each day for 4 days together getting all down and dirty on the field...

well i just have to end this entry here... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u somehow made reservist sound fun to me... =D

hehe.. anyway, its finally over.. and u are back in a piece.. be glad about it and PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D
its d grouchy me now.. not gonna say much... will just end it here too.. see ya soon buddy~


Desty

boxedfish said...

it sounds fun when u are not the one goin thru it... and it;s always fun to think about what happened when it ended. But it;s the goin-thru it process that is suffering... cheer up !!!